We are so excited that Family Camp starts in just a few short days! As you can probably guess, the past few months here at camp have been different than we expected at the start of this year. Due to the current health crisis, our team has had to think of creative ways to be able to safely serve our guests. This means that certain aspects of our programmed retreats, like Family Camp, will undoubtedly look different this year. Although things will look different, our team is still convinced that Family Camp will still be a fun and relaxing getaway for your family.
As you come to camp in a few days, we wanted to share what would be different this year compared to past Family Camps so you would know what to expect when arriving at camp. Here’s what will be different this year:
- Mask wearing – Masks are not necessary outdoors or at activities as long as physical distancing with other families is possible. Our staff will be wearing them at activities and you are welcome to as well. Masks are necessary when entering the Bankson Lodge Lobby and the Dining Hall. If you have a family member that prefers not to wear masks to enter the Dining Hall you can send in part of your family to get food and then you can all eat outdoors with no masks. When in doubt of whether or not you should wear a mask it might be best to throw it on. We are doing our best to obey guidelines but we may not think of every eventuality. Also, we are doing our best to respect those who might feel more at risk or have other health concerns. Please bring enough masks for your family to use a clean mask throughout your stay.
- Activity Sign Ups – We are still planning on having many of our favorite activities during Family Camp, including the zipline, high ropes course, waterfront, archery, and much more. Due to mandates by the state about social distancing, however, many of these activities will be run a little differently. In order to comply with the state mandates, we will be having sign ups for many activities so your family can sign up for the time you want. We will be sending out a full list of activities along with the sign up sheet on June 28th.
- Dining Hall – With guidelines limiting the capacity inside, we will not be able to have all guests inside. However, with the beautiful weather we have been having we are encouraging families to take advantage of the sunshine and our outdoor seating by eating outside. Families can also take their meals back to their cabin and eat there. Take out containers are available so you do not have to bring dishes back to the dining hall.
- Chapel – With limited capacity inside, we have also decided to make good use of our outdoor chapel as much as we can. We will still be able to worship together and gather for teaching but we may be spread out a little more than usual. Feel free to bring lawn chairs for more comfortable, spread out seating!
- Childcare/Kids classes – You probably know better than we do that keeping kids socially distanced and wearing their masks is near impossible. Due to health concerns we are unfortunately not going to have children’s classes or childcare this year. This gives you an opportunity to share faith and fun with your family while helping us achieve the high standards of health safety.
As we said before, we are so excited to serve you and your family here in a few days and we hope you are looking forward to getting out of the house and spending some quality time with your family here at camp! If you have any questions for us on what things will look like for Family Camp this year please do not hesitate to reach out and shoot us an email to email@example.com. We will be sending out more communication in the upcoming days with more information on Family Camp and how you can best get ready for your time here!
Can’t wait to see you all soon!