Prospective Summer Camp Health Officers
Sample Daily Schedule:
7:30 — Counselor Devos
8:30 — Breakfast and Staff Meeting
9:15 — Core (AC Devos)
10:30 — Cabin Devos
11:00 — Bubtivity 1
11:45 — Bubtivity 2
12:30 — Lunch and Hillsong
1:15 — R & R
2:00 — Bro/Sis Challenge
2:45 — Cabin Activity Time
3:30 — Free Time
5:30 — Dinner
7:30 — Core
9:00 — Cabin Devos
9:45 — Lights Out
10:30 — Cabin Leader or Assistant Cabin Leader Worship
- Any camper who brings medication will be seen by the Health Officer during check in.
- Health Officer will collect camper medicine and place it in Ziploc baggies with camper name, cabin leader name, medication name and dosage instructions.
- All medication must be in original container and clearly marked.
- Any medication brought to camp that is kept in stock in the Health Office can be sent back home with parents — if camper came on a bus, the health office can store medication for the week.
- The only medication campers are allowed to keep with them are rescue inhalers and epi-pens.
- Prep any supper meds that will need to be distributed that night.
Later that Night:
- Review and alphabetize all Health Screening Forms.
- Make a list of dietary needs or food allergies and communicate them to the kitchen.
- Prep and sort medications for the next day (at least for breakfast and lunch).
- Put camper meds in alphabetical order in laundry baskets for easy storage.
- Package all camper meds and deliver to cabin leaders at breakfast.
- Cabin leaders are in charge of making sure campers put meds in their bags to take home.
- Restock cabinets and prep the Health Office for the next week.