Current Health Updates
Updated May 13th, 2020
Updated May 13th, 2020
Dear Miracle Camp and Retreat Center guests and constituents,
As many of you are aware, Coronavirus (COVID-19) is in the forefront of our news and conversation. The health and safety of our guests and campers has been and will continue to be Miracle Camp’s utmost priority.
The state of Michigan issued a “Stay at Home” order that has been extended through May 28th. Due to this, all Spring events (Man Camp and Women’s Retreat) have been cancelled. We are assessing the situation on a daily basis and will continue to make decisions based on mandates and recommendations from state and local authorities.
The impact on future weeks (in June) will be determined as new information becomes available. Please check our website for regular updates.
Due to the “Stay at Home” order, our offices will also be closed at least through the end of May, but our staff will continue working remotely and can be reached through email. Thank you for your patience.
We also welcome your prayers and support during this difficult time. If you would like to give financially, click here.
If you have an existing registration please consider the following options:
1. If the camp and/or event that you are registered for is cancelled, would you consider converting your registration fee to a DONATION? Since our primary revenue comes from campers, this leaves us in a very challenging financial situation. Our camper and guest revenues have dropped to near zero almost overnight. Your donation will make a significant positive difference on our ability to operate when we recover from the current situation.
2. Would you consider leaving your deposit and/or fees “on account” for a future event, camp, or summer camp.
3. Alternatively, would you consider donating a portion of your registration fee?
4. Finally, we will of course offer full refunds if that is your desire.
We will continue to adhere to mandates and recommendations from the CDC and state and local authorities.
For camps and retreats that we host in the future, we are committed to having procedures in place that will mitigate any potential impact on our guests.
· We will require all guests who are experiencing any concerning symptoms or who have had any known contact with an ill or infected person to stay at home.
· In compliance with the recommendations from the Michigan Department of Health and Human services:
· Move to smaller and staggered gatherings.
· Use outdoor gathering places where possible with better ventilation.
· Require staff and volunteers to stay home when sick and to notify the organization of illness.
· Communicate and reinforce to guests and staff best practices for washing hands and covering coughs and sneezes.
· Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs, handles, equipment, and light switches.
· Ensure hand hygiene and sanitation supplies are readily accessible.
· Implement social distancing measures (not shaking hands, keeping a distance, etc.)
· Enhance food service safety protocols including modified serving methods.
· Encourage those who are at high risk or vulnerable to stay home and/or implement additional safety protocols.
We are praying daily for relief from this pandemic, for the health and well-being of every person, for the specific health of our constituency, guests and staff and for wisdom in decision-making.
As Christ-followers, we know we can walk through the most devastating situations with peace and we can be signs of hope for our neighbors. May God grant us the ability to make that a reality in this situation.
Please know that our team is taking this very seriously and we are monitoring this situation closely.
We are still planning on a full and exciting summer camp season. We encourage you to register now. In the event that camps are impacted, we will offer a full refund. There is no risk, sign up to save your spot!
As you can imagine, the impact of the health crisis could be significant for camp. If you have a desire to support camp with your financial gifts, that would be very much appreciated.
For the most up-to-date information regarding Coronavirus, we recommend visiting the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html